ASICS US has this week introduced its new line of footwear, apparel and accessories, which it says is created specifically for the athletic training market. The company is promoting these new products with a new advertising campaign built around the concept of “Next”: the moment when, ‘an athlete pushes their limits to achieve their goal and immediately focuses on the next challenge’.
Until now, the brand has been a bit player in the training space, controlling less than 1% of the $1.7 billion category. The training line includes six footwear styles and two apparel collections. Each style of footwear is intended for a different type of activity, such as short interval workouts, dance, barefoot training and variable training, like Crossfit.
Lofty ambitions, it seems. The new kit is designed to withstand the strenuous and repetitive nature of training routines, with new collections for both men and women. The new six lines of trainers each target a specific fitness activity, featuring:
- The GEL-Fortius TR for variable cross training. The shoe includes a super sticky outsole and reinforced toe bumper to prevent wear and tear during intense, short interval workouts.
- The GEL-Synthesis shoe with an innovative inner slipper that can be worn alone for a more barefoot training experience.
- The GEL-Craze TR for running-based training. The new shoe employs a rearfoot feature with uniquely positioned flex grooves for optimized flexibility.
- The GEL-Rhythmic 2, a perfect shoe for the dance enthusiast.
- GEL-Sustain TR is one of the lightest training shoes on the market today. A lightweight supportive upper combined with an ultra-flexible midsole and rearfoot GEL® Cushioning System.
- GEL-Blur33 TR is designed for superior flexibility in a lightweight and supportive package, featuring lateral support and enhanced cushioning.
The new collections should be available in the next few months – stay tuned for more details.